Long time no post!
To all my fans… the fact that you even exists blows my mind. I apologize for the lack of posts over the past couple of months. It seems I lost interest in myself for a bit and had assumed that you had lost interest as well. Now that I’m older… 32 as of yesterday I have returned to my self-worshiping norm. Lucky you!
Recap… Trust me you haven’t missed much.
- Andrew and I are almost done with the DYI shower install out at BlackStone. After weeks and weeks of hard work and long weekend hours the shower is only lacking the custom glass surround and door. It turned out to be much better than I thought… pictures to come.
- We still have no pool… we are planning for an off season install in order for us to be up and running for next summer. Trust me; no one is more disappointed in not having this already in. It has been so hot and muggy in the country that it confirms the need for the pool. I think our house guest would agree that playing in the sprinkler like children doesn’t have the same effect.
- THIN: My goal of 32 by 32 did not get accomplished, yet I don’t feel like a failure this time. I’ve made major strides in learning about how much I consume and becoming aware of what I’m actually putting in my mouth. I also recently rejoined Equinox (the fancy gym, full of yummy eye candy) and have also once again found my passion for exercise classes and yoga. It also doesn’t hurt that I now sneak out of the office during lunch a few times a week to workout or go to a class.
- RICH: While I haven’t won the lottery…at least that I know of (still need to check a few tickets), I have been doing some major shopping. I mean it was my birthday and I ran into a TOD’s Sample sale. And if you know me at all, I can’t say no to a new pair of TOD’s. I bought two new pair and one pair of Hogan flip flops. They are all GORGOUS!
- BOOZIE: Over the last few months I haven’t been my BOOZIE self. I think it is because of my super strong urge to become THIN. But I promise to pick up the pace and the cocktail glass to insure that future posts are just as THIN RICH & BOOZIE as you expect them to be.
TR&B DAILY THINspiration: J.P. TOD’s
I don’t exactly know how I fell so deeply in love with this particular brand of shoes, but I did and I fell hard. I purchased my first pair (which I still have) way back in 2005. At this time in my life I didn’t really even have a real job… obviously that’s never stopped me from spending money. OOPS. Now that I can halfway afford to buy these expensive little buggers I still have a hard time dropping the $400+ retail price. So instead I have secret shopping secrets that I’m willing to share with you. First, know your size. You can do this by going to your favorite shoe store (my is obviously TOD’s) and try on several pair to realize what size you wear… every shoe manufacture is a little different. I then first go on ebay and look for them, as often times you can find brand new perfectly good shoes for sale at a fraction of the retail price. Sure they may not be current season… but really who cares? Secondly, If you are lucky enough to live in a location of samples sales… stock up. My third favorite place to find my mocs is the Barney’s WAREHOUSE SALE… it only comes around 2 times a year, but when it does I put on my game face and I’ll cut a bitch to get that pair of shoes I’ve been eying for months…. So watch out.